Recipe for Success???

January 15, 2007 04:21 PM

Oh Sweet Jesus.  Nat Comisar, of all people, sent me spam promising me Maisonnette recipies in exchange for real estate listings.  He writes:

Recipe for Success can sell your home! Call or email me and I will show you how.

Now when you register for Recipe for Success you will receive Maisonette Chocolate Mousse! Well, you’ll get the recipe at least! I will send you my favorite recipes from Maisonette about once a month. If you are already a member don’t do a thing. Just let me know what‘s cooking!

Dinner’s over… dessert is finished… nothing left but coffee and the glow of a wonderful evening… then we brought you cookies…. These raspberry coconut bars were by far my favorite. I used to sneak into the dessert pantry and steal a few when I thought no one was looking.

He actually calls this marketing inititative "Recipe for Success."  Do I really have to point out that the person who ran The Maisonette out of business should not be calling his new marketing initiative "Recipe for Success"?  He took the longest running five star restaurant in North America and drove it into the ground.  People showed up for lunch one day and the doors were locked.  The contents of the restaurant were sold at auction.  I don't think I can benefit from his "recipes for success."

Comments

The whole family is out of touch. When Michael Comisar (next older generation) came back from California to Cincinnati to his then empty restaurant building on 6th street, he told the Enquirer that it was the most sought after property in the Cincinnati area.

A single purpose restaurant building without historic significance in downtown? What was he thinking?

Anton   ·  January 17, 2007 04:33 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, I just wanted to clarify, since this is the blogosphere and we do have a responsibility that the MSM does not share:

May 29, 2005 Enquirer:

" . . . But that changes next year when Michael Comisar's son, Nat, plans to move the Maisonette and sister restaurant La Normandie to Sycamore Township. That will leave more than 20,000 square feet of empty space in the center of downtown.

And it leaves Michael Comisar in the proverbial catbird seat.

'It's the key to that block,' he says. 'My brother and I own the premier property downtown. . . . '

Well, they still own the "premier property" downtown.

It was worse than I had remembered. Isn't Lexis a beautiful thing?

Anton   ·  January 17, 2007 09:30 AM

Almost two years .... so where is the Sycamore Township Maisonette? (/sarcasm)

Maybe they should get a McDonald's franchise and call their location the McMaisonette (that's an old WEBN joke).

Tom   ·  January 18, 2007 07:38 AM

I wound up on that e-mail list too. Whatever happened to permission-based marketing?

Not to mention preference-based?

ghiagirl   ·  January 31, 2007 02:26 PM

Just curious: how many readers/commentators/bloggers on this site have dined at the Maisonette (or any restaurant in downtown Cincinnati) in the past three to five years?

Carl Parola   ·  February 10, 2007 10:49 AM