Portman falls flat on Willie's Show

June 20, 2007 11:55 AM

Bill Cunningham just spent half an hour interviewing Rob Portman now that Rob's back in town for a while.  Willie kept telling Rob over and over again how out of touch the administration is and Rob was, well, not getting it.  At all.

I know he has to be polite and not trash his former boss the day after he quit, but Rob's going to have to show he understands the party's anger if he's going to get my support for another office.  The last thing Ohio needs is another bland, dispassionate Republican office holder.

Comments

Portman's a nice guy, but I don't understand the folks who say he is presidential material. No one knows him but us.

Anonymous   ·  June 20, 2007 11:19 PM

You talk radio conservatives need to shut the hell up and let the establishmentarians run the party.

Anonymous   ·  June 21, 2007 12:40 PM

Anon #2, the establishmentarians did a great job running the GOP here in Ohio...let me tell you, Bob Taft, Mike DeWine, and George Voinovich have worked out great for our state.

VikingSpirit   ·  June 21, 2007 04:25 PM

Hi. Newbe, Just found the board here.

Well Portman fell flat on his face on the
radio the other day. He sounded totaly out
of touch with SW-Ohio, our people, and he spouted the typical rhetoric coming from
Washington. "He is worthless!" The number one issue, albeit no less than the war is
- the border, and our sovereignty. Basicaly the war is a democratic issue and W, (Whom I personaly voted for twice.)and his ilk want to keep telling us about. Just ignore that we are giving America away!!!

With a three year old climbing on my back as I type, I hope was coherent and spelled corretly!

Glove up!

Rick.

Boxingref_Rick   ·  June 21, 2007 06:33 PM

Rick, welcome to NBS, thanks for commenting.

Nasty, Brutish & Short   ·  June 21, 2007 11:36 PM