Married people to get screwed under Democrats' ecomonic stimulus package

January 18, 2008 11:16 AM

The White House wants tax rebates of $800 per person, or $1,600 per couple.  Democrats want rebates of $500 for individuals who make $85,000 or less, and (it sounds like) $1,000 for couples who make $110,000 or less.

$110,000 is not two times $85,000.

Details are still being worked out, of course.

What would you do with your check from da guvment?  Would you... buy a Hillary Clinton nutcracker from my google ads?  Just an idea, you know.  A small little hint.

But anyway... The Democrats think families who make more than $110,000 won't spend it.  I think they would, they would just spend it on higher ticket items, like durable goods, car downpayments, and domestic travel.  All sectors that are worth stimulating.

Why should we only stimulate convenience stories and Wal-mart?

Comments

I'm gonna get me some scratch off lotto tickets.

Jerry in Sedamsville   ·  January 18, 2008 03:22 PM

Cigs and forties

Anonymous   ·  January 18, 2008 07:05 PM

Put it into the international money markets and lay it all in RMBs. Screw up our currency even further.

Go-head, print some more toilet paper.

Anonymous   ·  January 20, 2008 01:46 PM

I guess they must have been arm wrestling over what constitutes "rich" and they settled on $110,000.
Can't be giving rich people anything.
I got mad when the Dems criticized the Republican plan because it left out people who didn't make enough to pay taxes. WTF! If you don't pay taxes how the f#@k we gonna give you tax relief?

Anonymous   ·  January 21, 2008 04:44 PM

Can't be giving rich people anything.

5chw4r7z   ·  January 21, 2008 04:45 PM